Thursday 26 January 2012

Hand-drawn Breakdown of Style - Amelie Hegardt

This is the original of Amelie Hedardt's illustration:



Below I have broken down one of the figures from the illustration. As you can see I have used guidelines showing the centre face, hairline, eyes and lips. This helped me find the right proportions of the face:

I then drew the outline of the figure, step by step adding more detail each time:

After drawing the outline of the illustration, I added colour using watercolour pencils:

I then decided to break down a second figure from the illustraton, again starting from a basic outline of the head with guidelines showing me the correct proportion of the face. I then drew the outline of the figure step by step, adding more detail each time:


Finally, I added colour to the second figure of the illustration using watercolour paints this time, instead of pencils. Overall, I feel the watercolour paints were easier to use than the pencils as the colour spreaded more when water was added. This drawing also resembles the original illustration more:


No comments:

Post a Comment