Thursday 26 January 2012

CAD Illustration in Style of Cassandra Rhodin

Below is a step by step guide, showing how I produced an illustration in the style of Cassandra Rhodin using CAD. First of all I drew around her image in Coral Draw using the 3 point curve tool:

I then exported this outline from Coral Draw, imported it into Photoshop and started adding colour. I edited the brush type to produce a watercolour look. I also opened the original image in Photoshop to make it easier for me to get the exact colours of the illustration:


In order to give the illustration my own touch I changed the colour of the garment. I therefore added a leopard print design which I saved from Google. I then inserted the print onto the garment using a layer mask:


Also, because Cassandra Rhodin uses random animals in her illustrations e.g a rabbit, I thought I would make a change from the original illustration and insert a different image of a random animal and a flower, which I also found on Google:


I then added shadow and used the smudge tool to make the images look like they had been watercoloured. This therefore helped them blend in with the illustration style:



Below is my final CAD illustration in the style of Cassandra Rhodin:


Below is the original:



No comments:

Post a Comment