Thursday 26 January 2012

Evaluation

From looking back over the past few years I feel I have fully progressed and developed my Photoshop skills. First year was my first time using Photoshop and I was quite nervous to begin with. I thought all the different tools were quite confusing and a lot to take in. However, I practiced a lot at home and the more time I spent, the more I progressed. Now, I think Photoshop is quite fun to work with and I really enjoy spending time on it, whether its for producing assignments or just for the fun of editing my own images. I truly enjoyed completing this assignment as I had the chance to explore different illustrator styles and I loved breaking-down, re-drawing and interpreting each one. I am extremely happy with my final outcome as my combined illustration looks quite professional. Overall, I feel I have developed greatly over the past few years with my Photoshop skills, and my previous assignments prove this when compared to current work.
Below is one of my mood boards from first year. As you can see it is quite basic as I was extremely nervous with using Photoshop at this time. It is therefore clear that in 1st year, I didnt have much experience with using Photoshop:


However, below is one of my mood boards which I created in 2nd year. As you can see my Photoshop skills had improved greatly from 1st year as I had learnt a lot, such as, how to blend images together and add shadow to images etc. :



Below is another board from 2nd year. As you can see my Photoshop skills had improved greatly from 1st year. This Photoshop board was therefore produced with plenty of practice. However, the silhouette of the illustration was traced from a template:

Overall, when comparing my previous work to my current work it is clearly visible that I have developed and improved greatly with my Photoshop skills and now into final year, I have produced my very own unique fashion illustration:

No comments:

Post a Comment